A one pot, warming and hearty meal suitable for vegans
200g red lentils
1 can coconut milk (400g)
100g frozen peas
5 dl water
1 large carrot
2 tbs ginger Turmerlicious
2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp garlic powder
A few handfuls spinach
1 tsp chili powder (optional)
1tbs coriander (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Chop onion and carrot into small pieces.
2. Place all the ingredients, except spinach and coriander, in a large pot and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling reduce the heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add the spinach and coriander towards the end.
5. Season with salt and pepper and adjust spices to taste.
6. Serve with rice, a sprinkle of spring onion, a dollop of vegan yoghurt and peanuts.