600g pumpkin (hokkaido works really well)
1 large organic carrot
3 medium-sized organic potatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 chillies, finely chopped
200ml coconut milk
1 vegetable bouillon cube
1 tbs Turmerlicious ginger
1 tsp cumin powder
Salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste
Optional: Plain soy yoghurt and pumpkin seeds
1. Chop the pumpkin, carrot and potatoes into smaller pieces (remember to remove the seeds from the hokkaido)
2. Add onion, garlic and chilli to a pot and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add in the remaining ingredients.
4. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 25 minutes.
5. Let cool a little.
6. Transfer to a blender or food processor and blend till smooth. (alternatively use a hand blender)
7. Reheat in the pot.
8. Serve with a dollop of plain soy yoghurt and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds